Our Unit's Work:
Number of kidney transplants we made: 137
Our kidney transplant program; The world's and Turkey's various centers; kidney, liver, pancreas and lung transplants.
What are the functions of the kidneys?
Healthy kidneys have 3 basic functions in the body.
- We filter out the waste materials in our opinion and urinate and cleanse the blood.
- It adjusts the levels of various minerals, salts and water required for our health.
- Produces hormones that control other body functions
- The ability of many of our bodies to function regularly depends on the kidneys.
Kidney Failure Treatment Options
- Peritoneal dialysis
- Renal transplant
What is kidney transplant?
- In kidney transplantation; replacing the kidneys that enter healthy kidney failure placed in the lower right quadrant of the abdomen.
- It is usually a better and longer treatment option than dialysis and also provides a better quality and longer life span
Procedures Performed in Kidney Transplantation
- The surgery usually takes 2-4 hours.
- The new kidney and ureter (urinary tract) is placed in the groin area on the lower quadrant of the abdomen.
- The urine is poured into the urinary bladder, the kidneys, and the veins of the kidneys, often with large vessels extending towards the spine.
Place of Transplanted Kidney:
- The old insufficiency kidney is not usually removed in surgery unless it is a chronic infection source or there is no problem with the place to install a new kidney.
- After the transfer, you will use some medications to prevent your body from rejecting the kidney that is stuck.
- There will be a lot of tests before your surgery to see if your body will accept the kidney to be implanted and whether it will work regularly.
|Blood Group||Which Blood Group Can Take Organ||Which Blood Group Can Donate Organ|
|0||0||0 - A - B - AB|
|A||A - 0||A - AB|
|B||B - 0||B - AB|
|AB||0 - A - B - AB||AB|
Organ transplant does not require Rh factor compatibility.
What are the Benefits of Buying a Kidney from a Living?
- Kidney works immediately
- Grefts last longer
- 1 year success 90-95%
- 5 years success 6% average 15-20 years success
Naked in cadavers;
- 1 year success 85-90%
- 5-year success is 61%, average 10-12 years success.