Integrative Medicine is a discipline in which patient health care is provided through a patient-oriented, evidence-based approach in which a person is treated as a whole. Occasionally, integrative medical methods, which are sometimes used in addition to standard medical methods, include treatments for physical health as well as treatments to improve mental health.
Integrative medicine methods are presented to the patient by a multidisciplinary study of many branch specialists. Integrative medicine methods are applied to the disease after scientific research has been scientifically proven that it is conclusive, useful and safe and that it will be beneficial to human health. The aim is to contribute to human health, improve the quality of life of the patient and the quality of health care. Some of the methods of Integrative Medicine applied at our Medical Center are described below.
Acupuncture is one of the complementary methods of medicine that originated in China and spread all over the world. The word "sink needle" means. A self-healing mechanism of the body is introduced by steel, silver or gold needles that are too thin for the designated regions of the body. First, the patient is diagnosed after the necessary examination (laboratory and radiological analysis) is performed. Depending on the illness condition, the patient may be lying on the examination table or sitting back. The most preferred needle used during treatment is steel needles. These needles are sharp and very sharp. Cell stimulation is done for 20-30 seconds. Patients receiving acupuncture treatment are treated in a quiet room for 30-45 minutes. The needles used in the treatment are 0,5-0,8 cm in length, 0,16-0,5 mm in thickness. Needles are disposable. It is sterilized by the system used in operating room sterilization. Acupuncture sessions vary according to the type of illness and age.
Hypnosis means sleeping in Greek. But hypnosis is not exactly a sleep state, but a trans-state between sleep and wakefulness. The person hears everything during hypnosis and is aware of his own thoughts. I remember everything after hypnosis.
Some diseases that hypnosis is successful in the treatment of diseases which are generally psychologically rooted are presented below.
- Phobias; All the phobias you can think of are usually traumatic, which has been passed over by people before. Therefore, it can be solved more easily by suggestion, ie hypnotherapy, than other methods.
- Panic attack; can be described as intense fear attacks. The hypnotherapy method can be treated easily.
- Eating disorders; Eating disorders, such as anorexia, bulimia, and atypical eating disorders, which affect a great deal in the socio-economic factors in the lives of people with problems, are among the diseases that can be treated with hypnosis.
- Stress; it is seen as the most important disease of our time. It is among the diseases that can be treated with hypnotherapy method.
- Treatment of addictions; alcohol, cigarettes, addictions such as drugs are regarded as diseases.
Leech; an ancestor of the ringworm class. Leech therapy has been used since the ancient Egyptian period. It has been used in many hospitals and clinics in Europe since the 2000's. The leeches, which are capable of taking blood superior to modern blood-taking techniques by their creation, are good for many diseases. Hygienic factors need to be taken into account in leech therapy, which has many benefits especially against immunological diseases such as Behcet's disease and eczema.